Monday 29th October 2018
Whangarei is a vibrant district and there is always something going on to suit everyone’s tastes. Here are a few of the great things happening around our district in November!
- The Artisans Fair Markets are back! Held every Saturday on the Town Basin Canopy Bridge from 9am – 1.30pm. These markets support and encourage the thriving creativity in Northland’s artistic community. It is the ideal place to try some fantastic food and maybe even get a head start on your Christmas shopping!
- The Canopy Night Markets were such a success last year that they have returned to Whangarei this year. On the evenings of Friday the 9th and 23rd November you are able to feast on a range of street food while enjoying live music from local artists.
- Enjoy a day out at the Marsden Cove Seafood Festival on Saturday 10th November from 11am – 7pm. Taste a range of delicacies from the sea while sampling local wines, craft beers and other artisan foods all in one location. Watch celebrity chef demonstrations, and listen to well known kiwi artists including Tiki Tand, Che Fu and Annie Crummer. This festival is suited for the whole family with a designated kids zone complete with a carousel and off road racing cars. More information can be found on the website here and tickets can be bought from TicketDirect.
- If you’re looking for a place to hear some great live music then head over to The Butter Factory. With a delicious menu and a wide range of craft beers and local wines, The Butter Factory has something for everyone. As well as live music, they often host movie showings, poetry readings, stand-up comedy and other artist showcases. The Butter Factory also just won the customers choice award in the 2018 Northland Business Excellence Awards! Check out what’s on this week at http://thebutterfactory.co.nz/
- On Saturday 24th November, NorthFest is coming to Toll Stadium in Whangarei, featuring Busta Rhymes, Twista and N.W.A’s DJ Yella. A handpicked line-up of Hip Hop music’s biggest acts will take the stage for a one day festival. This will be the first festival of this kind held in Whangarei to kick off the summer festival season.